Sub: Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – Schedules for revised scales of pay.
Reference is invited to Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules 2016 notified vide GSR No.746 (E) dated 28.07.2016 and forwarded with Railway Board endorsement number PC-VII/2016/RSRP/1 dated 28.07.2016 on the above subject.
2. Schedule in two parts viz.Annexure ‘A’ and Annexure ‘B’ applicable to various categories of Railway Servants is enclosed. Annexure ‘A’ shows the revised pay structure (Pay Matrix and the Levels specified therein with reference to existing pay structure) applicable to the different categories of Railway Servants for whom normal replacement level has been recommended by 7H CPC and approved by Government of India; this was also circulated as Part ‘A’ of Schedule in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016. Annexure ‘B’ shows certain specific Railway categories where upgradation of posts has been recommended by 7th CPC and approved by Government of India. The revised pay structure will take effect from 1st January, 2016. The schedule has the sanction of the President.
3. The Recommendations of 7th CPC for upgradation of posts for some categories of Railway employees has been referred to Department of Personnel & Training for taking a comprehensive view in the matter. These categories include Senior Section Officer (Accounts)/Senior Travelling Inspector of Accounts/Senior Inspector of Store Accounts [Para 11.40,83 of 7th CPC report], Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant, Chemical & Metallurgical Superintendent, Assistant Chemist & Metallurgist [Para 11.40.124 of 7th CPC report]. Normal revised pay structure as indicated in Annexure ‘A’ and also given in Part A of Schedule of RS (RP) Rules, 2016 will apply to these categories till further decision of Government of India.
4. The recommendations of 7th CPC for down-gradation of posts for certain categories of Railway employees have not been accepted by Government of India. In all such cases revised pay structure as indicated in Annexure A and also given in Part ‘A’ of Schedule of RS (RP) Rules 2016, will apply.
5. The initial fixation of pay in the revised pay structure in respect of existing running staff already in service as on 01.01.2016 will be done in the manner as illustrated in Annexure ‘C’ Fixation of pay of those appointed as fresh recruits (running as well as non running) on or after 01.01.2016 will be done as per Rule 8 of RS (RP) Rules 2016.
6. Accordingly ,in pursuance of the RS (RP) Rules 2016, appropriate necessary action to fix the pay of the employees covered thereunder in the revised pay structure needs to be carried out forthwith in accordance with the provisions contained therein. In order to facilitate a smooth and systematic fixation of pay, a statement of Fixation of pay will be prepared in triplicate as per the RS (RP) Rules 2016 and one copy thereof shall be placed in the service book of the employee concerned and another copy made available to the concerned associate finance for post check.
7. The revised Pay structure effective from 01.01.2016 includes the Dearness Allowance of 125% sanctioned from 01.01.2016 in the pre-revised pay structure. Thus, Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be zero from 01.01.2016. The rate and the date of effect of the first instalment of Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be as per the orders to be issued in this behalf in future.
8. In terms of Rs (RP) Rules 2016 there shall be two dated for grant of annual increment i.e. 1st January and 1st July of every year; of which only one date will be applicable for each employee depending upon his/her date of appointment/promotion/financial upgradation. The increment in pay matrix and date of next increment in the revised pay structure will be governed by Rule 9 & 10 respectively of the RS(RP) Rules, 2016.
9. The decision on the revised rates and the date of effect of all Allowances (other than Dearness Allowance) based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission shall be notified subsequently and separately. Until then, all such allowances shall continue to be reckoned and paid at the existing rates under the terms and conditions prevailing in the pre-revised pay structure as if the existing pay structure has not been revised under the Rs(RP) Rules, 2016 issued on 28.07.2016.
10. The contributions under the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) shall continue to be applicable under the existing rates until further orders.
11. The existing system on interest free advances for Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour shall continue as hitherto.
12. The arrears as accruing on account of revised pay consequent upon fixation of pay under RS(RP) Rules, 2016 with effect from 01.01.2016 shall be paid in one instalment along with the payment of salary for the month of August, 2016, after making necessary adjustment on account of GPF and NPS, as applicable, in view of the revised pay. DDOs/PAOs shall ensure that action is taken simultaneously in regard to Government’s contribution towards enhanced subscription.
13. With a view to expediting the authorisation and disbursement of arrears, it has been decided that the arrear claims may be paid without pre-check of the fixation of pay in the revised scales of pay. However, the facilities to disburse arrears without pre-check of fixation of pay will not be available in respect of those Railway Servants who have relinquished service on account of dismissal, resignation, discharge, retirement etc. after the date of implementation of the pay commissions recommendations but before the preparation and drawl of the arrears claims, as well as in respect of those employees who had expired prior to exercising their option for the drawl of pay in the revised scales.
14. The requirement of pre-check of pay fixation having been dispensed with, it is not unlikely that the arrears due in some cases may be computed incorrectly leading to over payment that might have to be recovered subsequently. Therefore, the Drawing & Disbursing Officers should make it clear to the employees under their administrative control, while disbursing the arrears; that the payments are being made subject to adjustment from amounts that may be due to them subsequently should any discrepancies be noticed later. For this purpose, an undertaking as prescribed as per a “form of Option” under Rule 6 (2) of the Rs (RP) Rules, 2016 shall be obtained in writing from every employee at the time of exercising option under Rule 6 (1) thereof. The form of option/undertaking is also enclosed herewith as Annexure ‘D’.
15. In authorising the arrears, Income Tax as due may also be deducted and credited to Government in accordance with the instructions on the subject.
16. On receipt of necessary options, action for drawal and disbursement of arrears should be completed immediately.
Hindi version will follow.
(Jaya Kumar G )
Deputy Director, Pay Commission – VII) Railway Board