Government of India Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)
E(W)2009/PS 5-1/30 Date: 22-04-2013
Sub : Entitlement for travel in Duronto Express trains in non AC accommodation
i.e. SL & 2S classes.
Ref : This office letter of even no. dt. 01.03.2013
Instructions have been issued vide above referred letter for allowing booking of berths/seats in Duronto Express trains by serving/retired railway servants on Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, subject to Duty Pass quota in air conditioned accommodation on the pattern of Rajdhani/ Shatabdi express trains without any exception.
2. Since non AC accommodation i.e. SL and 2S classes are also available in Duronto Express trains, the entitlement of serving/retired Railway servants in Duronto Express trains has been reviewed.
3. After due deliberations, Board have now decided that entitlement to travel in Duronto Express trains on Second class/ Second class ‘A’ passes will be as under:
(a) Second class ‘A’ passes are made valid for travel in SL and 2S classes of Duronto Exp. trains.
(b) Second/Sleeper class passes are valid for travel in 2S class of Duronto Express trains.
(c) The maximum number of berth/seats to be booked against aforesaid passes May be restricted to 4 per pass.
(d) Berths/Seats in SL/2S classes of Duronto Express trains can also be booked against First class/First class ‘A’ passes like normal Mail/Express trains.
4. This information may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
5. CRIS will make necessary modifications in the software under intimation to all zonal Railways and this office.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Receipt of the letter may be acknowledged.
Director Estt.(Welfare)Railway Board