GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAILWAY BOARD)
No. E (NG)I-2008/RE-3/4 New Delhi, dated 30.04.2013
Sub: Fixation of pay of disabled/medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative (stationary) posts in revised (6th CPC) pay structure.
Reference Railway Board’s letter No.E(NG)I-96/RE-3/9(2) dated 29.04.1999 containing procedure for absorption of disabled/medically unfit Railway servant in alternative employment, framed pursuant to the enactment of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation)Act-1995.
2. Consequent upon implementation of revised pay structure inter-alia involving merger of various pre-revised scales and comprising running Pay Bands & Grade Pay based on recommendations of 6th Central Pay Commission, a question has arisen regarding methodology for fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff on being posted/appointed against stationary posts. The matter has, accordingly, been considered by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) and based on the recommendations of a Committee constituted for the purpose, it has been decided that while determining pay in Pay Band for the purpose of fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff in alternative (stationary) post, an amount equal to such percentage of basic pay (pay in Pay Band + Grade Pay) representing pay element of running allowance as may be in force from time to time may be added to the existing pay in Pay Band and the resultant figure (ignoring the fraction of rupee. if any) rounded off to the next multiple of 10, would be the pay in the Pay Band in the alternative post with no change in the Grade Pay of substantive post, in suitable alternative post. An illustration in this regard is enclosed as Annexure-I.
3. For this purpose, Para 1307 and 1308 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Volume-I, (Revised Edition-1989) First Re-print Edition-2009 may be amended as per Advance Correction Slip No. 224 enclosed as Annexure-II.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Director Estt(N) Railway Board
Annexure to Board’s Letter No.E(NG)-200/RE-3/4 dated 30.04.2013.
(i) Present Pay :- Rs. 12470 + Rs.4200 = Rs. 16,670
Add 30% pay elements# Rs. 5001 i.e. =Rs. 5,010
Pay fixed in alternative post would be = Rs. 17,480 +Rs.4200
(ii) Present pay:-Rs. 7650+Rs.1900 =Rs. 9,850
Add 30% pay element# Rs. 2955 i.e. = Rs.2,960
Pay fixed in alternative post would be = Rs. 10,910 +Rs. 1900
Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Volume-I,(Revised Edition-1989) First re-print Edition-2009
Chapter: XIII Absorption of disabled/medically unfit in alternative employment.
ADVANCE CORRECTION SLIPNO.224
1. Substitute the following for the existing paragraph 1307:
1307: Reckoning of element of Running Allowance for the purpose of fixation of pay of disabled/medically unfit running staff: while determining pay for the purpose of fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff in an alternative(Stationary) post, an amount equal to such percentage of Basic Pay representing the Pay Element of Running Allowance as may be in force from time to time may be added to the existing pay in Pay Band in the alternative post with no change in the Graded Pay of Substantive Post, in the suitable alternative post.
2. Substitute the following for the existing paragraph 1308.
1308: Fixation of Pay (other than running staff): The pay in Pay Band of the disabled/medically unfit railway servants( other than running staff) will be fixed in the alternative post as previously drawn in the post held by them on regular basis before acquiring disability.
(Authority: Railway Board’s Letter No. E(NG)I-2008/RE-3/4 dated 30.04.2013)